Wednesday, January 15, 2014

PRE-REG PRAIRIE DOG DOES NOT APPROVE [2011/04/18]


One more Sunday, one more blog post!

This week was slightly more interesting than last week (luckily for you, o reader), in that I actually went places other than my room, Usdan and the rehearsal space, and I actually did more than just work, practice, eat and sleep. (Notice what item comes last on that list. Oh, sleep, I miss you so. Let's catch up sometime after finals.)

What did I do, you may ask? Well, on Thursday I went to see my friend model in the Fashion Show, and on Friday I went to see another friend (and two cast mates) in the Opera & Oratorio Ensemble performance. Because I'm classy like that.
The Fashion Show was fantastic, because most of the designers seemed to be creating their clothes with the same thought in their head, and that thought was, "Hey, prefrosh are coming this weekend! Let's make the show sexy so we can entice them to come to Wesleyan!" Which meant that a lot of the female models had very high heels and mostly bare legs, and almost all of the male models were shirtless. Some were pantsless. You've never lived until you've seen a ripped male model shake it down the runway wearing a glorified (aka bedazzled) pair of boxer-briefs.

There were some really neat designs, though. I think my two favorites were probably the Zombies vs Humans one, just because the theme was hilarious, and the collection I renamed "the circus for gangsters," created by the leader of Prometheus, Wesleyan's firespinning club. (Yeah, that's right, prefrosh. Firespinning. If the sex doesn't get you, the pyrotechnics will.)

Then, of course, on the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of class, we had the Opera & Oratorio Ensemble, which was an end-of-semester class performance. It was awesome, and I say that as someone who's not even a huge fan of opera. I even didn't mind the $2 pricetag (I sort of minded the $7 fashion show price tag). And yes, $2 is obscenely cheap, but bear in mind that most of the performances that I go see are Second Stage plays, and those are always free. Having to pay anything at all gives me sticker shock.

Besides that, though, this week was mostly just a blur of... well. Work, practice, eating and sleeping. (And Buffy. It's all about the Buffy.)

Oh, and pre-reg. I put that off for a while since I was working on essays, a class discussion I had to lead, a short story I was writing, and various other academic-y things, but eventually I had to give in and really start to think about it seriously. And by that, of course, I mean that I only got my schedule sort of worked out about three hours ago, and the planning period ends tomorrow.

Of course, I don't want to bore you by just blabbering about it, so I created the Pre-Reg Prairie Dog to express my woes and joys instead.



True story. Telling your friends about awesome classes with limited space is like shooting yourself in the foot. I've been okay in semesters before, but this time I got a little paranoid.



Don't even ask about why half of the creative writing classes don't apply to the creative writing concentration of the English Department. All I will do is growl in frustration, mutter something incoherent, and stomp away.

On the other hand, there is a more positive aspect: I took a class last semester in the Anthropology department just for kicks, and now I'm an Anthropology major. Life is exciting that way!



You know, it's very difficult to arrange your schedule when a class you want to get into is at the same time as two other classes you want to take. I'm probably just going to end up crossing my fingers and hoping everything works out.



THE YEARNING ON THE FACE OF THE PRE-REG PRAIRIE DOG SHOULD ACCURATELY EXPLAIN MY FEELINGS AT THIS TIME.



But it will be finalized tomorrow! Because I finally figured things out! Sort of. Hopefully.

...See Pre-Reg Prairie Dog below.



And by that I mean, INTO THE WOODS IS THIS WEEKEND. Hell week begins!

Edited to Add:


Yeah, that bit about not worrying was totally a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment