Monday, January 20, 2014

...I'm not even sure what I just wrote in this post. [2013/02/19]

Guess who closed her eyes at 4:15 today and only woke up two and a half hours later? If you said to yourself, "Wow, that sounds like the sort of ridiculous thing that would happen to Sasha," then you would be entirely correct. Congratulations. On the other hand, at least it wasn't like that one time when I closed my eyes at 8 pm and woke up at 1. Um.

Anyway! So I meant to write up a post over the weekend, and then I was distracted by thesis and work and procrastination, which means that you're getting my delightful company on Tuesday night instead. I've been sort of... scattered, recently.

[Under the cut: Let's see how well I can unscatter myself.]

There are some moments these days where I don't feel like I exist at all; I feel like a compilation of all the things I have to do. Which sounds a bit silly now that I put it like that, actually, but I think I'm just having one of those days where your brain is... elsewhere. I made some dumb mistakes at work today — complaining about how I screwed up the square and the grain of the board probably isn't going to mean much to you, ducklings, but it means a great deal of irritation for me. I feel silly.

On the other hand, I did finish a short section of thesis today, which is nice. I just have to keep chipping away at it until I have a first draft. Or something. Ugh, I'm still distracted. Maybe I need some chocolate. That'll help, right?

OKAY. Let's try this again. What did I do this week? Well, I was snowed in until Monday afternoon, and then my class on Tuesday was cancelled, so I've spent a lot of time bumming around the house. I did some baking; I made a chocolate cake that my housemates pretty much decided was a failed cake but a SPECTACULAR brownie. I made some fake chocolate mousse on Valentine's Day and then got impatient waiting for it to set and so put it in the freezer and turned it into mousse-like ice cream. Or mousse-like frozen yogurt, given that I made it with Greek yogurt. I made pancakes this Sunday, which was great because I've been wanting to make pancakes for a while. My mom sent me flowers for Valentine's Day! It was very cute and they're currently brightening up my room like nobody's business.



I went to Senior Events on Friday, which was a Freaks and Geeks-themed bash at the Hartford Science Center, and ended... early. I don't know; Housemate Katie and I were running around doing SCIENCE and apparently elsewhere things were going awry, so everyone ended up piling on the buses after about two and a half hours. But I enjoyed myself while it lasted, at least, although I will say that having it at a science center was a bit of an odd contrast to the previous two senior events, which were at a club and a reception hall.

Hmm. What else? Well, Housemate Katie and I had a study party on Saturday night, and on Sunday I had a taiko TA session — oh, man, ducklings, that was a trek, it was intense. Cold and windy and all the way across campus. Also, this is what Andruss Field looks like right now:



See that trail through the snow? Yeah, that's pure ice. People have trodden it enough that it melted and then refroze. It's sort of fun, actually; very slippery. The nicest thing about Sunday being really cold, actually, was that everything froze enough that you could walk on the snow, which made me feel sort of like an elf. I tried to get a picture of it, but it was too dark.

...Oh my god. Oh my god, you guys, I think I might actually be out of things to say. This is what I get for trying to break tradition and write a post on a Tuesday night; clearly I don't have the same rambling ways as I inevitably do over the weekends. Man. I feel so disappointed in myself right now. What must you think of me?

Actually, you're probably thinking that I've finally learned to write like a normal person. Or maybe you're not. I don't judge.

I'm just going to go post some pictures of fluffy animals and then eat ice cream. Hopefully I'll be back in form this weekend? Man, it's like I've lost all faith in myself. This is a bad sign for the rest of the semester.







[Original tags on this post: adorable things because I am boring,adorable things because I am insane more likecute fluffy thingsI really appreciate that the following tag already existed:my brain is melting today like a popsicle left on a sidewalk in August,this is what I get for taking a napwow,wow I am SERIOUSLY ALL OVER THE PLACE RIGHT NOWwow okay I am going to go smack my brain back into its usual position]

No comments:

Post a Comment